Author Topic: Scrolling Shooter  (Read 2959 times)

Hammerhead

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Scrolling Shooter
« on: 2007-01-21, 01:21:33 PM »
Recently I have been wanting to do a scrolling shooter and stumbled across the Scrolling Game Development kit which seems to have everything I need. I looked at some of the projects that were made with it, but they were all platformers. Has anyone done a scrolling shooter? Would it require allot of coding or just simple scripts?

I have only looked at the SGDK2 for a short bit, but it seems to be pretty powereful with what it can do.

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Re: Scrolling Shooter
« Reply #1 on: 2007-01-21, 10:12:26 PM »
If I understand what you're talking about with "scrolling shooter" then I think a project called "TAC-B" in the project listing is a great example.  Sort the projects so the "Staff rating" (number of stars) goes from highest to lowest, and show 10 projects per page.  If you do that you'll see TAC-B on the first page right in the middle.

However, it sounds like you're interested in trying out the challenge with SGDK2.  It's hard for me to say how easy it would be to do such a thing with SGDK2 because it's so new and nobody has tried much with it yet.  It's still being tested.  You're welcome to try blazing a new trail here.  If you come up with something interesting, maybe you can share it and get it into the SGDK2 library so other people can make scrolling shooters more easily.