Author Topic: Deleting maps, allowing "Suspend", adding parameters to existing sprites  (Read 2812 times)

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
If you remove a map from a project, it's intermediate output files are not deleted, nor are they deleted when choosing "Delete Intermediate output files" after it's been removed.  I imagine this is also true with sprites and other things as well.

Selecting a rule of type End disables the "Suspend this rule" checkbox.  Clicking on a different type of rule does not re-enable it.

Adding a new parameter to an existing sprite causes the parameters list of existing sprites in a map editor to have "Object reference" errors instead of real values for all values including and after the new parameter alphabetically.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-10, 09:00:07 PM by durnurd »
Edward Dassmesser

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Are you sure you're using the same version I am.  I think I fixed something similar to that disabled "Suspend this rule" checkbox problem a long time ago, and I can't see that problem on what I'm running.  I tried loading your project and selecting your "End if (pressing up)" rule and the checkbox was still enabled.

I also can't reproduce the problem concerning adding a new sprite parameter.  I added a parameter called "test" to the Blob sprite definition while the map editor was open.  Then I switched back to the map editor and the new parameter was not displayed.  Then I closed the editor and re-opened it and it was displayed fine.

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
Hmm.  I'm using the version with dynamic sprites that you sent a few days ago.  When I open SGDK2 and start playing around right away, the "suspend" error does not occur.  It was only after a lot of moving rules around and making new rules, and doing many other things in the project that this error occurred.

I was working with the MetalMan sprite, and I added a "magnets" parameter, and I don't think I had the map editor open, even.  But it didn't update the constructor when I looked at the generated code, and even when I closed and re-opened the map, or even saved the project after it looked that way, then closed and reopened sgdk2, it still had the object reference message.  I don't know how it was fixed, but eventually, I deleted and re-added the parameter, and it fixed it.
Edward Dassmesser

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
If you can figure out how to reliably reproduce either of the two problems, let me know.  I'll fix the other one about deleting intermediate files.