Author Topic: Anyone who knows this site....HELLLLLPPP!!!!  (Read 8292 times)

v6v

• Clever
  • Fanatic
  • Has renamed his project to Galaxy!
    • View Profile
    • My Developer Page!
    • Email
Re: Anyone who knows this site....HELLLLLPPP!!!!
« Reply #15 on: 2008-03-07, 06:15:34 AM »
Hey, now that I contributed Art and Easel, where's my upgraded status? :canadian:

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #16 on: 2008-03-07, 08:54:44 AM »
Well, the Art and Easel program is somewhat simplistic and buggy.  When I drew something, then pressed A, for example, the program crashed.  Also, you're using sprites for each pixel, which is the fastest way to do it, I guess, based on the framework, but not very efficient.  The sprites boundaries do not closely match their images' frames, and the SGDK2 project itself is not very well implemented (for example, you have left several objects with their default names, "Rule 1" "Plan 1" etc).
Edward Dassmesser

Tanja

• Clever
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008-03-07, 09:06:13 AM »
lol, i wanted to say just the same.
first, the game crashed when i pressed A, also. but it didn't when i generated a project.
another thing is, the eraser doesn't erase something. it adds just white sprites. maybe it is possible to deactivate the touched sprite.
and the eraser sprite is drawn under the white "erased" sprites. is it possible to hide the mouse?

but anyway, it is very cool that you made this demo. i wouldn't ever thought about to make anything else than a game. thumbs up!

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #18 on: 2008-03-07, 12:17:50 PM »
Another thing to consider is that the status of "contributor" means that the user has contributed something of value to the community here.  What you've done is copy MSPaint, and while that may be of interest as a specific show of the extensibility of the Scrolling Game Development Kit, it wouldn't be something chosen as a representation of its skillset.  The GameDev Academy for v1.x did that.  Making a simple paint program for a development kit meant for making games is somehow underwhelming.
Edward Dassmesser

v6v

• Clever
  • Fanatic
  • Has renamed his project to Galaxy!
    • View Profile
    • My Developer Page!
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: 2008-03-07, 02:46:47 PM »
Thanks for the self esteem.

(Cough*know it all*Cough)

Kidding.