Author Topic: tile category error  (Read 2747 times)

Tanja

• Clever
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
tile category error
« on: 2008-01-17, 03:19:45 PM »
i can't delete the first tile i have put into a tile category.
i only can delete the category and put the right tiles again into it. noooo....................

Tanja

• Clever
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: tile category error
« Reply #1 on: 2008-01-17, 03:41:30 PM »
i would like to add that it is ... hm.... not good .... that one can't change the order of the tiles after they were added.

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2008-01-17, 09:04:21 PM »
1) Oops, I fixed the problem that prevented you from deleting the first tile now.  I also fixed a problem that caused errors if you tried to delete tile frames from the category (as opposed to a whole tile).

2) The order of the tiles in the category cannot be specified or changed because the order has no significance.  The tile is either in the category or it is not.  There is no order to the tiles within the category.

Tanja

• Clever
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-01-18, 06:14:04 AM »
2. well, that's not entirely correct. one can use the categories to faster build up maps, by only showing the currently needed tiles from one category. in fact i do this all the time because i have hundreds of tiles. i would very like it if i could better arrange this tiles within the category. (because sometimes one forgets to make special tiles, and when they are made, they have to be at the end of the category, this confuses and produces useless scrolling)

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2008-01-18, 09:02:42 AM »
Interesting... I see that there is an order and it's not the same order as the tileset... it's like you said, just the order that the tiles were added.  You can change the order if you edit the SGDK2 file in notepad, but there's no support for that in the UI.  So if you're desperate, you could open the SGDK2 file in notepad and search for "<CategorizedTileset" and manually set the order yourself.  I'll consider making this more friendly for a future release.

Tanja

• Clever
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-01-18, 11:05:41 AM »
i'm not desperate about this one, but i would be fine new feature ... somewhere in the future  ;)