Author Topic: Finishing games?  (Read 2140 times)

Tavangel

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Finishing games?
« on: 2011-12-14, 12:05:50 PM »
Just got into the hobby of game making a couple days ago and stumbled across this site. SGDK2 really was user friendly and can make some great stuff. The only problem is that I'm still pretty green and tried to look around about how to...I guess export your game? Or make it playable to other people without the SGDK2 software. I tried doing the HTML 5 but the controls didn't work.

Is there another program to compile ur finished game and make it into a .exe? Or would making it playable in a web browser or something be better? I'm just completely lost to be honest. Thank you alot for this great program though!

v6v

• Clever
  • Fanatic
  • Has renamed his project to Galaxy!
    • View Profile
    • My Developer Page!
    • Email
Re: Finishing games?
« Reply #1 on: 2011-12-14, 03:47:53 PM »
I haven't used the new HTML5 edition of SGDK2, but in the previous version, there was a "Generate Project" button. You would go into the folder where your project was in, and look into another folder that had the same name as your project

Directory "SuperHamster"
SuperHamster.sgdk2
SuperHamster (Folder) <- This

Then search for SuperHamster.exe

And that was your EXE.

But if this doesn't help, there were probably some changes that made this method obselete. Welcome to the community, by the way! It's awesome to see new people use SGDK2, can't wait to see what you will make and contribute.

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Re: Finishing games?
« Reply #2 on: 2011-12-14, 04:58:30 PM »
Should be the same as before.  HTML support was just an enhancement and didn't replace anything.  If you just select "Generate Project" (F7) from the File menu, and then "Delete Intermediate Output Files" then all that will be left in the folder where the project was generated will be the files you need to distribute for others to play your game.  Of course they have to have .NET Framework and OpenGL installed, but that usually comes with the OS these days.