Author Topic: bumpers  (Read 3959 times)

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - billybob884
    • View Profile
bumpers
« on: 2005-03-21, 09:20:30 AM »
i guess this fits under scripting...  i was considering putting some bumpers in my game after i saw how well they worked in the cinos game, but the only problem is that it'd look a little off, because the bumper has to fit in 1 tile right? player1 is about 3 n 1/2 tiles high. so then i thought id just put 3 tiles together vertically, n make all of them springs, but would that send the player off speeding at 3x the speed that 1 tile would? so then i thought only make the middle tile of the 3 work like a spring, but then i thought that hte other 2 would stop him from hitting it. any suggestions?

----added later----
oh btw, i dont know if you can so this, but can you maybe change the picture for the icon next to the post when its new? maybe it's sjut me but it seems a little hard to tell if its lit up or not
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." :: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Bumpers
« Reply #1 on: 2005-03-22, 06:26:20 AM »
How are you planning on making a tile work like a bumper?  If it's with script, you can control how they behave so that 3 tiles don't cause the player to "bump" 3 times as fast, just make sure you don't exceed a certain speed when changing the sprite's velocity.

Not sure if I have the artistic skill to change the new post icon -- I'll try -- maybe Orion Pax will have an idea.

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - billybob884
    • View Profile
bumpers
« Reply #2 on: 2005-03-22, 09:30:30 PM »
yea, the orange is fine. i dont really care what the color is, just so long as it stands out a little more than it did before, ya know? :)

-----added later-----
as for the scripting, in the cinos game there was a script document, and the bumpers were tiles so im assuming that they were scripted, unless it was a tile interaction. ill take a look when i get home.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." :: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy