Author Topic: not moving  (Read 3355 times)

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - billybob884
    • View Profile
not moving
« on: 2005-07-16, 08:31:10 PM »
i've got this 1 part in level 3 where the player hits a function and switches to a npc, that npcwalks forward to this fan thing and gets "blown upwards" (changes it to another npc sprite with reversed gravity) and once it gets to the top it hits another function that changes him back to the regular player. but for whatever reason, once he is turned back to the regular sprite, he cant move. i can press down and be turned to the crawl sprite, and he moves, but if i press up i still cant move. im really not sure what the problem is. any ideas?
(ill look for a place to put it online incase you want to see it for urself)

-----------
ok, http://www.angelfire.com/ct3/billybob884/part1.rar
all the video and much of the audio (all the unnecessary stuff), is cut out.

to get ot L3, from the title screen, go to the level select, then walk over to the tile that looks like an underwater scene with a little green plant and a brown fish, just up at it. once in hte level, just stay on the bottom, on the ground, and walk over untill you get to a long tunnel. thats where hte fan is.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." :: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
not moving
« Reply #1 on: 2005-07-17, 09:08:07 AM »
When I got to the fan, I just got blown off the top of the map.  There was nothing solid up there.

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - billybob884
    • View Profile
not moving
« Reply #2 on: 2005-07-17, 10:41:12 AM »
hmmm, theres a (blue box) function called "Back2Reg" that the player hits, its in mine...
maybe it didnt get zipped for some reason...

well heres the map file, this 1 definately has the function

------
nevermind i figured it out, i had the "swap controlled by" box checked. oops
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." :: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy