Author Topic: Sup Zorb?  (Read 2770 times)

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Sup Zorb?
« on: 2005-12-15, 06:18:16 AM »
Hey Zorb, you've been posting a lot, but I still don't know much about you.  So here's your chance.  It's been a while since we had a newcomer's perspective of GameDev, so as our newest member, would you care to share a bit?

• How did you discover the Scrolling Game Development Kit?
  • What about the Scrolling Game Development Kit interested you?
  • What have you done or tried with the Scrolling Game Development Kit so far? (Have you gone through the Quick Tutorial and the Full Tutorial?  Did you even know they existed?)
  • How hard has it been for you to learn to use the Scrolling Game Development Kit so far?
  • What do you plan to do with the kit?  Play games?  Edit Games?  Make your own?

I'd appreciate a full thoughtful reply if you can spare the time (and judging from how often you post, it certainly looks like you have the time to spare! ;))

Oh, also, if you'd like to share a bit more, I'd also be curious to know where you're from (south you said?) and what you do for a living (are you a student?  do you have a job?)

I'm from Minnesota and I'm a business software programmer that works on Scrolling Game Development Kit in my free time.

Zorb Burger

Re: Sup Zorb?
« Reply #1 on: 2005-12-15, 10:22:50 AM »
Dayuumm!!! yer flateratin' me!! :)  guess dat deserve som +karma

Well how me come about SGDk was i over herd a click o nerds talkin' about this in som convienont stor.

wat intersetd me was wat teh nerd flock wer sayin'.  making gams and creatin yer self on em too!(weel, i thot that 1 up :))

so far with ma gam, The enivitable Zorb cheese hunt, i made teh sprite.  i had a friend help me out wit it. (he a real nerd though)
PS: i foun out how ta upload a file it be at en o post! mak sure ta zoom on it in paint!! :D(Dayuumm!!)

it has no ben to hard workin' wit it.  it perty person friendly if ya ax me.

i'm tryin' ta make gams fer ma mama.  she real old an not doing too good fer erself.  and so i can review Guildhal gams too.

aight guess ill say somefin bout ma self.  from tenaese( how ever ya spll, it wer Elvis from ;)).  i liv wit ma mama, cuase she pay me to, an so i can tak care o her cuz she perty old.  ma job is livin' wit mama!! :)

dat all im sayin fer now.

i be removin you fro ma hate list fer makin topic abou ME!!! :D
« Last Edit: 2005-12-15, 10:42:35 AM by Zorb Burger »

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2005-12-15, 05:44:36 PM »
Wow, so people are talking about GameDev in convenience stores now, eh?  That's cool.  So are any of that group of "nerds" making games, or were they just talking about it.  It'd be interesting to get them in here too to see what they have to say about GameDev.  Do you know any of them, or did you just overhear them talking?

Zorb Burger

« Reply #3 on: 2005-12-15, 05:45:58 PM »
jus overherin' dem.  never sen dem in ma life.