Author Topic: Screen Shot Topic...  (Read 18327 times)

Guilect

Screen Shot Topic...
« on: 2005-12-29, 11:58:49 AM »
This topic can be used to post a screen shot of the game you are currently working on!  You can post more then just one of course.

I will start it off with the game I'm working on right now!  My game's resolution is 320x240.  I always wanted to try and create a game with this 'blown up, pixelated' kind of graphics for a long time.  I just recently found out about it.  Anyway, this is my game!

GameDeveloper

Re: Screen Shot Topic...
« Reply #1 on: 2005-12-29, 12:06:12 PM »
I will continue this topic with a screenshot from one of my games.  This game is a 2Player game i am making.  I'm trying to add in a lot of cooperative gameplay in this game.  As in, player one has his own unique abilities and player two has his.  Together, they must overcome many obstacles.  This is actually a sequel to my game 'Samantha's game'.  I'm making this open ended.  How I'm integrating this is:  There is a town on this world map you may explore.  It has shops, civilians and other things.  Across the world there are secret dungeons you can only access by buying certain high priced keys at one shop.  In the world there are spots you can go to kill enemies to get money, or search dungeons for secrets that hold cash.  this will actually be very easy now that I got two player working.

Well, anyway, here is a small screenshot of the first dungeon, or the 'Prison'.

cbass

• Expert
  • Regular
  • script this
    • View Profile
    • Squest RPG
« Reply #2 on: 2005-12-29, 04:20:52 PM »
Past few months, when I got a spare minute or 2  ;), i've been working on an adventure game.  No title yet, its a top down game (no gravity), select from up to 8 different playable characters with unique abilities and attacks.  Fight monsters who can shoot back, controled by AI which can react and change tactics.  Don't have many maps made for it yet, but plan on making several dozen.  This game is extensively scripted but im probably done with 70% of the script, so I should get some content out soon enough.  I hope to have this done by this summer.

getting a little burnt out on the complex games, so about a week ago I started to make a game that I don't plan on doing any scripting for.  A simple puzzel game involving ladders, pushing around boxes, and possibly bombs, but i haven't thought of an easy way to implement them yet without script.  Tring to keep things simple, so only using 1 tileset and 1 map.  The map will be very large and contain about a 1/2 dozen levels or so.  Hope to have it done in a few weeks, depending on how much free time I have.  Tenitive Title "shoots and ladders.... and bombs"

Guilect

« Reply #3 on: 2005-12-29, 04:28:54 PM »
The one over-head game sounds pretty advanced.  The graphics look good, also!  Hopefully you can get those games out soon, but it sounds like you have a busy life and not much time to give to your games. :(

EDIT:  I'll post another screen shot of my game soon!  I will try and get a good one this time...

GameDeveloper

« Reply #4 on: 2005-12-29, 04:33:24 PM »
Sounds really good, CBass.  I have another screen to post... this one is inside a torture chamber, but it is still located in the prison. 

It looks like we all have some promising games to look forward to in the future, nice graphics everyone.  Well, anyway, here is my next screenshot.

Guilect

« Reply #5 on: 2005-12-29, 05:58:18 PM »
Alright, here's another one from my game.  This is inside a lab... well that is really all I can say about it.  I don't want to give too much away about my game just yet.

cbass

• Expert
  • Regular
  • script this
    • View Profile
    • Squest RPG
« Reply #6 on: 2005-12-29, 06:51:41 PM »
I like the looks of the games in this post.  good job everyone. :D :D :D

I can't take credit for the graphics in my adventure game. :o  I got the spritesets and tilesets from one of the rpg maker 95 revisions.  I came accross them one day online and thought "what excellent graphics they were", and I thought i'd try to make a game good enough game to do them justice. :)

I did (and still am) making all the graphics for the shots and icons.  I also had to edit many of the tilesets because some of them just didn't match up, and some were just unnessary if multipule layers are allowed ;)

I incuded another screeny.

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - billybob884
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-12-30, 11:57:37 AM »
a screenshot of the shockwave effect in my moon level boss
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." :: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Guilect

« Reply #8 on: 2005-12-30, 08:51:35 PM »
That's a nice looking game Billybob!  What is it about?  The world kind of looks like cheese. :P

gwal

• Regular
  • Game Progress: Outer Space / Items
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-12-31, 12:39:44 AM »
Here's some screenshots from my game.
The first is from the 3rd level, and the second is from the first level

GameDeveloper

« Reply #10 on: 2005-12-31, 10:21:22 AM »
I like the detail in your game, Gwal.  Is that the game that you are trying to implement slow-motion into?  It looks pretty interesting, and the concept of slow-motion is a pretty unique game mechanic.  Sounds like it will be really fun.

Billybob, is that your game you've been talking about [multiple hits with enemies, shockwave boss help]?  If so, how long is it so far?  It looks pretty nice to me.

Cbass, I really like the look of your adventure game, I've always loved those type of RPG graphics.  it still looks really fun and interesting, whether you made the graphics or not.  Let's hope you do the graphics justice like you say!  It sounds like you're on the right track with multiple character's and abilities.  I have one question though, will each character have their own personality? I really love it when there are multiple character's, but I also love it when they're all unique and interesting as far as character development goes.
« Last Edit: 2005-12-31, 10:28:30 AM by GameDeveloper »

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - billybob884
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005-12-31, 10:37:48 AM »
That's a nice looking game Billybob!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." :: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Eastfist

• Contributor
  • Regular
    • View Profile
    • Eastfist - Chongchen Saelee
« Reply #12 on: 2005-12-31, 12:54:18 PM »
Those are some good-looking screens, gang!
"What's in a game?"  Juliet says to insult Romeo.

GameDeveloper

« Reply #13 on: 2005-12-31, 12:56:09 PM »
I agree, there are a lot of good looking games in development currently.  Eastfist, do you have any game to show us?  If you do, feel free to post.

Eastfist

• Contributor
  • Regular
    • View Profile
    • Eastfist - Chongchen Saelee
« Reply #14 on: 2005-12-31, 12:59:18 PM »
 ;)  Of course. I'll show you guys an updated screenshot of my baby, Runsetter 1.52. Hold on...
"What's in a game?"  Juliet says to insult Romeo.