Author Topic: has anyone else noticed...  (Read 3126 times)

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - billybob884
    • View Profile
has anyone else noticed...
« on: 2006-01-21, 08:15:22 PM »
...that sometimes, when you make certain functions (im nut sure which ones), but they rearrange themselves. im not sure why, but i know that it's really annoying when you have to keep searching for them.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." :: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

GameDeveloper

Re: has anyone else noticed...
« Reply #1 on: 2006-01-21, 08:22:28 PM »
This always happens to me too, and since i cram in so much Special Functions, it throws me off.  For instance, when I just created a new function, I go to save the game, I save it, I return to edit the new function, but it's been shuffled so I have to find it first.

So, yes, I've noticed it too.  Any idea on why this happens?  I've gotten used to it, so it's not to much of a problem anymore, just wondering.

EDIT: [my one-hundredth post!  Not that it means anything, I just happened to notice it.]

Zorb Burger

« Reply #2 on: 2006-01-21, 08:23:46 PM »
yup, dat alwys be makin me screw up! >:(  it lik wen i gots alot of funcions, day sem teh dissapper, an i alwas too lazy teh ifx dem so i end up remakn em'!! >:( >:(

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #3 on: 2006-01-21, 09:16:04 PM »
I've not noticed it myself (having not used the kit recently), but I took a look at the code, and a couple of thoughts came up.  It could be due to moving layers around or renaming functions, as these have a definite effect on that kind of thing.  And of course, adding a new special function using the "Add" button in the Map Editing dialog doesn't completely refresh the entire list, but just appends the special function to the end of the showing list.  When you close and open it again, it has to refresh the entire list, and the special functions may actually be stored in a different order (I don't know why, but there's probably a reason if they are)
Edward Dassmesser

Zorb Burger

« Reply #4 on: 2006-01-21, 09:17:50 PM »
dang man, dat soun lik teh truph!!  woner why i did na tink of dat...