Author Topic: type mismatch  (Read 3091 times)

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - billybob884
    • View Profile
type mismatch
« on: 2006-01-29, 09:16:42 AM »
i get this error a lot when i first open up the map and sprite editors. its not all the time, but its enough to wonder why it keeps happening. ill open an editor and get that message, then the editor will be completely empty, no maps, or no pathos (depending on wihch editor...), but all i have to do is close the window and reopen it and its set. any possible reasons for this?
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." :: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

GameDeveloper

Re: type mismatch
« Reply #1 on: 2006-01-29, 09:30:01 AM »
I always get this too, but I kind of just forgot about it after a while because it seemed harmless.  Before I knew that you had to close it and reopen it, I used to get so angry and down on myself, because I thought my whole game was gone.  I'd eventually delete it and start over.

Agian, I'm not sure why it happens, but it does happen every so often.

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2006-01-29, 09:53:31 AM »
Hm, I guess I don't use the kit at much as others do :o ... I don't think I've seen this, at least not often enough to remember it.  I can't really guess at what is causing it without more info about how to make it happen.  It may have something to do with making a particular kind of change before entering the editor.  But the fact that it happens in both the map editor and the sprite editor suggests it's nothing to do with the project data itself, but some more fundamental problem because the map editor and the tile editor are very different and the main thing they have in common is that they use the full screen DirectX display.  So maybe it has something to do with running other software or doing certain things with the hardware or system settings or actions that affect the hardware settings.  If anyone can tell me how to reliably reproduce the problem... well, then you'll probably have answered your own question.  But I'm afraid I don't have any special insight beyond this.

billybob884

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - billybob884
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-01-29, 11:03:02 AM »
well therews not really much i do to get it to happen, it just seems to randomly happen after ive first opened sgdk and then open one of the editors.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." :: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy