Author Topic: Free Publicity  (Read 3999 times)

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Free Publicity
« on: 2006-02-28, 09:50:20 AM »
An old friend of mine has recently gone live with a new web site he's pushing that lists/indexes freeware and trialware.  If the project listing isn't enough publicity for you, or if you want to try charging for the full version of your game, you could give his site a try:
http://www.trymesoft.com

Of course you could also try it if you're just interested in seeing what kind of freeware and trialware is available.  It sounds like the site is growing pretty quickly with 300+ products and 140+ users after only 30 days.

hebedaymun

Re: Free Publicity
« Reply #1 on: 2006-02-28, 03:10:08 PM »
What the heck?  Are you advertising now??  Man, you definitely hit a new low; first dreaming about games and now using this place as a way to advertise.

*chuckles*

*Walks out*

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #2 on: 2006-02-28, 04:12:43 PM »
No, it's not advertising.  Had you actually read the message, you would have read that BlueMonk is suggesting a way for people to get their games noticed more than just on the game projects page here.
Edward Dassmesser

hebedaymun

« Reply #3 on: 2006-02-28, 05:12:54 PM »
It's a cheap gimmick/way to get people to go to his freinds website!!  I guess I can just snoop out that kind of junk better then you or something!  Run, before he trys to take our money!

*runs away*

cbass

• Expert
  • Regular
  • script this
    • View Profile
    • Squest RPG
« Reply #4 on: 2006-02-28, 06:07:45 PM »
What the heck?  Are you advertising now??  Man, you definitely hit a new low; first dreaming about games and now using this place as a way to advertise.

*chuckles*

*Walks out*

He's just suggesting a dl site.  So by yer logic, everyone that has ever submitted something to or suggested download.com has hit this same "new low"? ::)

It's a cheap gimmick/way to get people to go to his freinds website!!  I guess I can just snoop out that kind of junk better then you or something!  Run, before he trys to take our money!

*runs away*

If bluemonk really wanted to make money I'm sure he could develop commercial software rather than develop open source software and pay for webspace and bandwidth that he makes freely available completely add free.  I think we can safely assume that making money is not the goal of this site or this forum.

Also, hopefully TryMesoft.com's servers can handle the massive influx of traffic coming from an offtopic post on the SGDK boards. ::)  Also bluemonk, Try not to spend the millions in royalties yer sure to get all in one place ;)

hebedaymun

« Reply #5 on: 2006-02-28, 06:13:04 PM »
What the hell, you little twit.  I was kidding!  At least about that 'he's going to take our money!!' thing.  Jeez, get a damn clue.  Besides, I have decided that...Blumnkmn hit a new low by dreaming about games, and because I thought he was ADVERTISING, that also reinforced my opinion.  Damn, can't you stand in someone elses shoes and see it from their perspective?  Where the hell did you come from, anyway?  Sheesh... now I understand he wasn't trying!  Seriously people have no sense of humor.

Well, I'm outta here.

*Walks out laughing at CBass*
« Last Edit: 2006-02-28, 06:24:33 PM by hebedaymun »

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #6 on: 2006-02-28, 07:46:12 PM »
Damn, can't you stand in someone elses shoes and see it from their perspective?

Apparently you cannot...
Edward Dassmesser

hebedaymun

« Reply #7 on: 2006-02-28, 07:47:01 PM »
...Damn, you got me there.

*walks out quietly*

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251