Author Topic: OBLIVION GOLD!!!!11  (Read 14519 times)

hebedaymun

Re: OBLIVION GOLD!!!!11
« Reply #30 on: 2006-03-09, 06:45:45 PM »
Cbass, let me introduce you to this site...

http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest

Go to the site and select 'Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion' in the drop-down box.  It'll tell you what you need to run it, all the system requirements and such.

EDIT: Also, I know what you mean about deciding.  I hope I don't lose my job when this game comes out!!!

EDITAGIAN: The website scans your computer to see if you're capable of running it, and gives you a grade accordingly.  It's really handy.  Check it out!!
« Last Edit: 2006-03-09, 06:54:15 PM by hebedaymun »

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #31 on: 2006-03-09, 07:42:06 PM »
I went to the site, but I didn't see Elder Scrolls in the list...

Oh, wait, I found it.  It's under "The Elder Scrolls". in the T section.
« Last Edit: 2006-03-09, 07:52:31 PM by durnurd »
Edward Dassmesser

hebedaymun

« Reply #32 on: 2006-03-09, 07:53:27 PM »
Yeah, I know, they're geniuses, huh? [/sarcasm]
« Last Edit: 2006-03-09, 07:57:56 PM by hebedaymun »

hebedaymun

« Reply #33 on: 2006-03-12, 01:13:46 PM »
WHAT THE HELL!!???

That stupid magazine gave OBLIVION a 6/10!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:(

The magazine was called Stuff Gamer/Magazine.  Anyone heard of it?  No matter, it pissed me the F off!!

On a lighter note, OXM gave Oblivion a 9.5, a swedish magazine gave it a 10/10 and PC Gamer gave it a 93%(9.3).

I'd say it's doing pretty damn good. ;D

hebedaymun

« Reply #34 on: 2006-03-18, 10:10:59 AM »
3 MORE DAYS!!!

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

*explodes*

Orion Pax

• Contributor
  • Regular
    • View Profile
    • OPX
« Reply #35 on: 2006-03-19, 04:45:28 AM »
so is this an rpg? I only let the first sceenshot load (dailup) but just saw a forest. Never have liked rpg's...the closest I have liked are old adventue games be them text or graphical. More of an arcade & platform gamer myself.

hebedaymun

« Reply #36 on: 2006-03-20, 01:37:38 PM »
IT'S OUT!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!! I MUST HAVE IT!!!!!!!

*rushes out*

hebedaymun

« Reply #37 on: 2006-03-20, 06:56:39 PM »
NOOO!!! I HAVE TO WAIT FOR TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gwal

• Regular
  • Game Progress: Outer Space / Items
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006-03-20, 11:08:21 PM »
Yeah. I went all the way to best buy today, only to discover the game hadn't even arrived.

hebedaymun

« Reply #39 on: 2006-03-22, 11:39:11 AM »
Had to break away from it to let the Xbox cool down...

BUT DAMN, THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I HAVE EVER PLAYED!!!!!!!!

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #40 on: 2006-03-22, 01:10:43 PM »
Don't shout, it's impolite.  I understand your enthusiasm, but do you really scream at the top of your lungs when you tell people how great the game is in real life?  I certainly don't.  The last time I screamed at the top of my lungs was when I was five or something.
Edward Dassmesser

Dr Obvious

• Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.drobvious.net
« Reply #41 on: 2006-04-05, 09:50:48 AM »
WHAT THE HELL!!???

That stupid magazine gave OBLIVION a 6/10!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:(

I hate to bring up a dead topic, but honostly, this is pretty close to whave I gave Oblivion (I have it a 7.7 with my little review system).

It's fun and all and has really pretty graphics, but there are A LOT of blaring problems.  Just to list a few...
  • FPS
Anygame that gets that bad of FPS is sloppy and just doesn't deserve that high of a rating.  Yes, when I'm standing still in a building with maybe 1 person walking around, I get fine frames per second, otherwise, everything is just really choppy.  When I'm walking in the world, it starts to just get terrible, and anytime I'm fighting a small group of people and one of them is casting magic, I might as well just get out the sword and randomly swinging because that's about the only thing I can do.  When the FPS constantly gets so bad that during battle I can't use my bow or magic, that just isn't fun.
  • Bugs!
I don't really mind a few bugs and completely understand having a few bugs, but Oblivion has more than a few bugs and it just takes away from the whole game experience.  To make things worse on top of all the bugs, it even has a memory leak just to make my FPS even worse than it already is.
  • AI
Honostly, I could make better AI in Scrolling Game Dev (no offense Ben).  When there are two enemies standing next to each other and one mysteriously falls down, I would hope his buddy would have the common sense to check things out, but nope, that doesn't happen in Oblivion world.  I would even like it if the enemy bothered to use basic tactics when fighting you rather than standing in front of you and swinging and moving back every now and then.  Oblivion seriously dropped the ball on the AI, if they had the AI of F.E.A.R., I could probably ignore most of the other problems and be happy.
  • Leveling
The leveling system in Oblivion is just asinine.  If you don't plan your character from the first step you take, you're screwed.  Yes, this is probably just a personal dislike, but any system where if you don't know exactly how the sytem works and know exactly what you want your character to be from your first step you get a character that can't beat the game on hard is just silly.
  • UI
First off, let us change the sensitivity on the mouse settings for the menu! (not the game which it does, but for the menus)  After that, since the game was made for the XBox 360, the item screen is just stupid.  You can only see about 5 items at a time and you have a horribly long list of crap to go through that is poorly sorted.  Then there's the map.  Why must it be so small!?  I know there's a spot I have to go to in whatever town, but it takes me forever to find it because I'm spending most of my time scrolling around the redicuously small map to find it.  I could go on with the menu and UI problems, but it just isn't worth it.
  • The Horses
This is probably another personal thing, but I hate the horses.  They're not that much faster, the die easily, and I'm the one that often kills the stupid thing because it gets in the middle of battle and enemies tend to go for the horse before they go for me.  Oh, and the whole paying for the official mod releases is just silly (especially the horse one because, well, the horses suck).
  • The TES Editor
I don't think they could have made this thing more user unfriendly if they tried.  A horrible interface, very akward and clumsy controls, not being able to rotate pieces (so it's essentially just tile based), and only supports up to Max 4.x, yeah, that's my idea of a good editor.  I was hoping to get a good chance to play around with the editor over break, but it's just honostly a horrible editor.  About the only plus to it is that the scripting isn't bad.  Other than that, it's just a bad editor.

All in all, the game was just poorly made.  All the attention seemed to placed on the really pretty graphics and adding a lot of quests and then everything else was just thrown in.  Don't get me wrong, I love the graphics and appreciate the large amounts of quests, but all the other problems of the game just completely outweigh the good parts and Oblivion really shouldn't have gotten as high of scores as it did.

[/rant]

[/list]

gwal

• Regular
  • Game Progress: Outer Space / Items
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006-04-05, 11:08:47 PM »
My opinion on oblivion:

FPS: I bought it for computer, and well...I have to agree with you. I get a pretty bad FPS rate.

Bugs: In my playing of the game I haven't found too many.

AI: While the combat AI could be vastly improved, I think that the 'radiant AI' used by characters is pretty cool, and makes the world of Oblivion seem more realistic.

Leveling: I don't think there's anything wrong with Oblivion's leveling system, but thats just my opinion.

UI: I have to disagree, I think that the UI is fairly easy to navigate and use. At the least, its a huge improvement over the UI in Morrowind.

person

« Reply #43 on: 2006-04-06, 04:08:28 PM »
All in all, the game was just poorly made.  All the attention seemed to placed on the really pretty graphics and adding a lot of quests and then everything else was just thrown in.  Don't get me wrong, I love the graphics and appreciate the large amounts of quests, but all the other problems of the game just completely outweigh the good parts and Oblivion really shouldn't have gotten as high of scores as it did.

f***ing casual, Oblivion rocks.

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #44 on: 2006-04-06, 08:10:48 PM »
Why do I get the feeling that this last post comes from somebody we already know?
Edward Dassmesser