Author Topic: OBLIVION GOLD!!!!11  (Read 14572 times)

hebedaymun

OBLIVION GOLD!!!!11
« on: 2006-03-04, 08:51:47 PM »
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion went gold a few days ago!!!  Is anyone here ready for it?  I was ready for it back in 2004!!!

Did everyone pay off their preorders?  I did, I forked over 80 bucks for my collectors edition.  Now, it's time for the longest 17 days of my life.

Anyone else interested in this?  maybe for PC?  I got mine for Xbox 360.

*looks around at everybody* ???

hebedaymun

Re: OBLIVION GOLD!!!!11
« Reply #1 on: 2006-03-04, 09:18:46 PM »
ARGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I CAN'T WAAIIIIIITTTT!!!!!!!!!!

*rapidly slams head on desk*

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #2 on: 2006-03-05, 12:51:08 PM »
I know nothing about the game, so no, I did not pay off any pre-orders for it.  As for the collector's edition... I bought the Collector's Edition of one game once, and it wasn't anything interesting at all.  The extra content wasn't worth it, and all the stuff that you can show off I never showed off.  IMHO, it's just a waste of money.  But then, I've never played Elder Scrolls nor do I know what it's about, so perhaps this is incredibly different?
Edward Dassmesser

gwal

• Regular
  • Game Progress: Outer Space / Items
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-03-05, 02:48:22 PM »
Yeah, oblivion looks pretty cool. I like the elder scrolls III, so i'll probably get the new one.

hebedaymun

« Reply #4 on: 2006-03-05, 02:56:39 PM »
I know nothing about the game, so no, I did not pay off any pre-orders for it.  As for the collector's edition... I bought the Collector's Edition of one game once, and it wasn't anything interesting at all.  The extra content wasn't worth it, and all the stuff that you can show off I never showed off.  IMHO, it's just a waste of money.  But then, I've never played Elder Scrolls nor do I know what it's about, so perhaps this is incredibly different?

Okay.... that's nice for you, and yes this collectors edition is way more ambitious then that collectors edition you purchased.  At least, I'm pretty sure of it.

Elder Scrolls games are all about huge 16 square miles of free roaming gameplay.  It's one of the best western RPG series.  Go read about it, play the Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, and enjoy it.  You can't hate it.

...one more thing...is anybody following the stuff that's going on with ILoveBees2.com?  I sure am.  It's down right creepy.

----http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elder_Scrolls

hebedaymun

« Reply #5 on: 2006-03-06, 04:24:01 PM »
ARGGGHHHH!!!!!!!11  Only 15 more days!!!!!!!

How can I make the time fly!?

*thrashes about*

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2006-03-06, 05:05:29 PM »
There's a reason to avoid reading about new technology before it's released.  If you just read about stuff that's already out, then you won't have any time to wait between when you find out about a game and when it's available :).  'Course it's really hard not to find out about new games before they come out.  And here I am stuck with a half-functional PS2 and there's no way I could avoid finding out about the PS3, and it's soo long before that becomes available.  I wonder if I'll have to buy another PS2 in order to play DVD movies and some of the less-reliable PS2 games before the PS3 becomes available  :-\.

hebedaymun

« Reply #7 on: 2006-03-06, 05:13:34 PM »
I don't think the PS3 will be out this year....so you have a terribly long time to wait.

Why the heck wont you get an Xbox 360?  It's probably going to have really great games on it. (Even Final Fantasy)

To stay on topic (I don't care if it's an off-topic topic, you still have to stay on topic: It's just polite, i suppose)

I CAN"T WAIT FOR OBLIVION!!!!!!

RRRRRRROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

P.S.  You can count on selling all of your valuables in order to afford a damn POS3! ;D

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #8 on: 2006-03-06, 10:36:23 PM »
I read the article stating that it would be delayed until next year and cost $900 or something.  However, even in that article, it stated that the price would drop to around $300 a few years later (mostly due to the cost of Blu-Ray technology).

However, Sony officially stated that the article was based on unfounded information, and that it was still slated for later this year (October, I believe) and would cost much less than the Meryl Lynch article stated.

So I guess we can only wait and see.
Edward Dassmesser

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: 2006-03-07, 06:38:47 AM »
Maybe I will have to go for an XBOX 360, though I hear that's quite a mess too, with their rush to release.  I've always wanted to play Munch's Oddysey.  And what would I do with all my PS/PS2 games?  You want 'em durnurd?  ('course I'd have to finish playing We (heart) Katamari first.)  I suppose I could hold on to them until the PS3 is available, but I'd rather just have one game console.  Maybe by the time the PS3 becomes reasonably priced, the XBOX 360 will be wearing out and I can give that away too :).

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #10 on: 2006-03-07, 08:15:16 AM »
Well, good luck finding a 360.  The only ones I've seen in stores are display models.  But maybe that's changed.  Also, Munch's Odyssey is not on the backwards compatibility list for the 360.
Edward Dassmesser

hebedaymun

« Reply #11 on: 2006-03-07, 09:12:32 AM »
Durnurd's right, it's not on the list for backwards compatibility.

Durnurd is wrong, however, because the shortage is being fixed this month, and all the bugs are being worked out with these new ones coming into stores.  So uhhhh.... yeah, you should get one.

Oh, and yes, the new technology will be 'outdated' (you know how technology goes) in a few years, so they'll drop the price of that thing.  Go for 360 and enjoy gaming until that thing comes out ---or until that darn Revolution comes out.  Damnit, I can't wait for that too.

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #12 on: 2006-03-07, 10:30:40 AM »
It will certainly be interesting to see what kind of games are developed for the Revolution with that controller.  And I heard that the price would be the lowest of the next-gen consoles.

And it's not that Blu-Ray drives will be out-dated in a few years, rather they will be in greater usage.  They're just entering the mass market.  Like DVD drives used to be vomitously expensive, but are now $30, and they aren't "out-dated" yet.  I suspect similar things will happen with the blu-ray drives.
Edward Dassmesser

hebedaymun

« Reply #13 on: 2006-03-07, 11:41:18 AM »
And it's not that Blu-Ray drives will be out-dated in a few years, rather they will be in greater usage.

Hmmm...yeah, that's what I meant.  Sorry if it didn't come out right.

I am so damn excited about the Revolution!!!  I really can't wait to see Nintendo get creative.  When they get creative, good games are created.

bUT STAY ON TOPIC!

OBLIVION is going to be fantastic.  I just looked at some leaked scans of it from a magazine, and it looks awesome.  Oh, if you want to know what it got in a reveiw---it got a 9.5.

http://img320.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oblivion2editedlarge1ka.jpg

Look at that DRAW DISTANCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! ^^^^ Click the link ^^^^

IT LOOKS FREAKIN' AWESOMEEEE!!!!!

hebedaymun

« Reply #14 on: 2006-03-07, 02:29:54 PM »
That screenshot in the magazine, up in the upper right hand corner is actual INGAME; I MEAN PLAYING THAT DERN THING, GRAPHIcs!!