Author Topic: solid tile breakout  (Read 3102 times)

madwagon

• Visitor
    • View Profile
solid tile breakout
« on: 2006-07-15, 03:46:40 AM »
I have been using the sgdk for about a week now
and I am working with the "sword sample" zelda like demonstration
cause it has the sword and fire functions i want.
But if you push against the wall and use the sword the sprite advances past the solid tile.
my game is a side view like the OrionPax"forest" tile-set demo so i have a problem of sprite punching thru
the ground and falling off the screen.also sprite "fly's" if you swing sword up fast enough.but gravity pulls it down again(wich is kinda cool ,can live with that )
using the jab and sword sprites  to replace the player sprite seems to advance the player sprite thru anything.!! ??? I set the gravity to 0 for the jab-sword sprites and it helped a little.changing inertia dosnt help .All the tiles involving player sprite are same size . I could disable the down button but seems like cheezy solution.
"samuri blade" dosnt have that problem for some reason.But cant see why.Too big a game to make any sence of for me.
Help....I need a sword that obey's solids!!!

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Re: solid tile breakout
« Reply #1 on: 2006-07-15, 07:00:41 AM »
Double-check that you set the solidity on the jab/sword sprite(s) and that it's still set.

madwagon

• Visitor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-07-15, 09:30:29 PM »
I just tried putting the tileset for jab in the solid definition and it did nothing,player can still sword thru other solids.maybe if i used a bounce function?or would that launch player like a slingshot?
 only luck i have had so far is to set the down button to teleport player -4 on the x axis relative to player globally,it raises player up to counter the effect.drawback is i had to modify  tiles because of the 4pix gap between jab and sword ,i dont see a setting to teleport multiple sprites yet as a whole "player" definition.Sword Sample has same problem it goes thru solids too.
 working out ideas to accomplish what you see in your imagination,seems there are alot of ways to do one thing . :-\

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2006-07-16, 09:13:05 AM »
No, the tileset containing the graphics for jab do not belong in the solid definition.  You have to make sure that the jab sprite's solidity setting is set to the same thing that the regular player sprite's solidity is set to.  Maybe I'm confusing you because I haven't looked at the sword sample lately.  Does it not have a sprite for the jabbing -- maybe it creates the sprite in the script instead of having it coded into the project.