Author Topic: Chaotic Hero:Author Tony  (Read 5207 times)

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chaotic Hero:Author Tony
« on: 2006-11-11, 09:36:13 PM »
Hey everyone. I'm Tony. And I'm new to this forum. My company is TEAM Game Makers and I am filled with ideas. I have a question to enchance my video game.

I am making a video game starring 6 kids. With over 100 levels, so do I have to make 6 player sprites for each level or can they share each map and continue on to the next level starring the same character? What I mean by this, I want them to share the same maps. That way I don't have to keep putting the same graphics on each map. Thanks.

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chaotic Hero:Author Tony
« Reply #1 on: 2006-11-11, 11:45:16 PM »
And if there is anyone who needs help with there games, let me know! ;)

Jam0864

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • MSN Messenger - marmalade0864@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Jam0864's Content Dump
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2006-11-12, 02:41:49 AM »
I am pretty sure you would have to create your 6 sprites for every map. If that's what you mean.

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2006-11-12, 07:49:13 AM »
There's a project called "GoldYoink" (a Lode Runner clone) in the project listing at http://gamedevprj.sf.net/.  It was designed to allow someone to easily add many many levels (I was thinking GoldYoink could be a 100 level game someday too, but I didn't have time to do all 100 levels myself with the engine itself being my main project).  And this solution doesn't require dealing with sprites or paths on any level that you add.  Instead, the script looks at the tiles on each map and auomtatically creates the player sprites and the enemy sprites based on where it finds a player tile and enemy tiles.  This obviously requires a little ability to write script, or at least copy already existing script into your project and link it up with your sprite names.  But it could save you a lot of work for a game with a lot of levels.

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2006-11-12, 08:57:08 PM »
Thanks everyone. :D Now I have to figure out how to make 3D cutscences. Do anyone of you guys know where to find a program that can do that. I need a freeware, easy to use, software.

sam

• Fanatic
  • This statement is false.
    • MSN Messenger - samlancashire@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • samlancashire.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2006-11-12, 09:09:51 PM »
Depends on how complex you want your cutscenes.
There's Anim8or
Free, but limited in some ways. It takes a fairly long time to make something look good.

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2006-12-01, 09:17:11 PM »
Thanks. I'll try to learn it. And can anyone help me with this question: If there is two different graphics, one on a seperate tileset, and I wanted to make them solid to my player. Would the other tileset still affect the player sprite? ???

gwal

• Regular
  • Game Progress: Outer Space / Items
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-12-02, 01:21:10 AM »
If you're making 3d cutscenes, you could consider using the graphics within the game itself to make the appearance of characters, locations, etc. more consistent. I should advise you that making 3D scenes takes a LONG time, especially when there's only one person working on it.

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2006-12-08, 09:50:20 PM »
You're right. It would take too long. So instead I'll just use my graphics. Does anyone know have any cool game effects I can borrow?