Author Topic: Suggestion for Plans and Sprites  (Read 22394 times)

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
Re: Suggestion for Plans and Sprites
« Reply #30 on: 2010-05-09, 08:59:13 AM »
I fixed most of the issues you brought up, and maybe now it's ready for release:

• Improve error handling when attempting to run the project if it is already running.
  • Fix an error that prevented multiple displays from being open simultaneously.
  • Allow a layer to be created with a null tileset to represent the designer background layer (allow user-created layer to refer to no tileset).
  • Prevent the user from creating a layer with zero tiles.
  • When resetting source code to a template that imports decapsulated source code files, be sure to import the referenced code because the project into which the code is being imported will not know how to find the template's decapsulated files.
  • Implement the ability to sort sprites in the map editor.
  • Add OpenTK.dll.config to source control.
  • If a plan contains a SpriteBase-derived member, show a drop-down list of the appropriate sprites in the map editor when this plan is selected.
  • Prevent invalid sprite and plan names from being specified in the map editor.
  • Change most SpriteBase and PlanBase members to be protected instead of private.
  • Change most SpriteBase and PlanBase members to be virtual so they can be overridden by an intermediate base class.
  • Change CheckNextCoordinate to proceed to the next target if the distance from the current target exactly matches the target distance.
  • Prevent debug-mode errors when a platform is deactivated and a sprite is riding on it.
  • Stop riding on a platform if it is deactivated while riding it.
  • Change SpriteBase.TouchTiles to return a strongly typed collection of results.

I also finally merged the SGDK 2.1 branch back into the trunk (over SGDK2.0) so anybody retrieving source code without knowing what's where is most likely to get the latest code now (well... until I start making modifications in the trunk and they think the latest would be in the 2.1 branch... hmm...).

How's it look?

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #31 on: 2010-05-09, 09:45:04 AM »
When I opened the project in the trunk, it couldn't find OpenTK.dll and OpenTK.GLControl.dll.  Once I manually added them from the branch, it built and ran and everything works!  I particularly like the part where it doesn't crash when I open two map editor windows :)
Edward Dassmesser

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: 2010-05-09, 04:47:52 PM »
Yeah, the OpenTK dlls too are not my own and are not source source code so I didn't check those in either.  You said you picked them up from the branch, but you must mean that you picked them up from where you had the branch in your local workspace because they're not checked into the trunk or the branch (right?).

durnurd

• Lead Lemming
  • Expert
  • Fanatic
  • Games completed so far: 0
    • MSN Messenger - durnurd@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Find My Ed
« Reply #33 on: 2010-05-10, 09:13:51 AM »
Is there some readme somewhere in the repository saying that these files need to be downloaded and where to find them?
Edward Dassmesser

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: 2010-05-11, 06:39:24 AM »
I don't think so.  I figure anyone who is up for compiling source code is likely to know that they can get the binary files from the installed image if nothing else.