Author Topic: Codename: IDK  (Read 374865 times)

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
  • Looking for inspiration.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Codename: IDK
« Reply #45 on: 2008-04-21, 09:45:57 PM »
BTW, a GreaseBurger is like a Quarter Pounder you get at McDs with an extra slab of Reg Meat and cheese on it. You should try it sometime  ;D :yes: :hungry: :canadian:;D :yes: :hungry: :canadian:;D :yes: :hungry: :canadian:
Looking to the skies.....

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: 2008-04-23, 07:10:25 AM »
BTW, a GreaseBurger is like a Quarter Pounder you get at McDs with an extra slab of Reg Meat and cheese on it. You should try it sometime  ;D :yes: :hungry: :canadian:;D :yes: :hungry: :canadian:;D :yes: :hungry: :canadian:

stupid website... >:(

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: 2008-04-29, 06:59:20 AM »

stupid website... >:(

i completely forgot i can do this...

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
0.4 is finally here
« Reply #48 on: 2008-04-30, 07:04:27 AM »
i have version 0.4 ready (almost, just need to fing time to upload)
this will be the last version i'll post online, but i am still open to any suggestions. you can post them here or now you can e-mail me (see readme)

who's the guy who made Bob the Unlikely? that game was cool (i finished it last night). how did you do the flying?

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: 2008-05-01, 06:26:51 AM »
I think that was one of the GuildHall projects.  Those folks don't generally visit these forums.

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: 2008-05-01, 07:02:04 AM »
how do i post something using ftp (box is being stupid to me (maybe because of my dialup) :ugly: and my website will only load a mixium size of .25MB (i found that out yesterday :whatever:))

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: 2008-05-01, 07:18:19 AM »
I'd recommend using WinSCP, which now supports FTP, SFTP and SCP.  SFTP and SCP are both secure/encrypted protocols, and FTP, of course, is the regular protocol you're trying to use.  I use WinSCP for all 3 protocols these days because I deal with servers that use all 3.
http://winscp.net/eng/index.php

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Final RANAT Demo
« Reply #52 on: 2008-05-12, 03:25:04 PM »
here it is (finally) on my box. http://www.box.net/shared/9fkd48fsw4

if it's not a bother, can i still get this posted on the GameDev Website, bluemonk?

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: 2008-05-14, 05:06:54 AM »
I'll consider it if you post a GDP version of your project (Zip the GDP and all the related project files instead of creating an executable).

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: 2008-05-14, 10:27:38 AM »
I'll consider it if you post a GDP version of your project (Zip the GDP and all the related project files instead of creating an executable).

can i keep it in 7-zip, it saves a megabyte and 15 minutes of uploading

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: 2008-05-14, 04:28:00 PM »
Yes, 7-zip is fine.

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: 2008-05-14, 10:02:52 PM »
Yes, 7-zip is fine.

actually i just deleted some files that i NEVER used in the project, it cuts down to 2MB in Zip, I'll post that one (after about a half hour uploading...)

Edit: some major updates in this version

*new buttons, X involving rockets, C for Rolling, Z to return to normal, SPACE to clear messages (it bugs out sometimes when you use Z)

*you now only need to face the direction to roll or use a rocket (you still need to press up or down for rocket boots)

*new music for level1-1 1-2 (made it myself)

*reduced number of smoke sprites in boss battle (on slow computers, its slowest is now about 15 fps)

*frame rate is limited to 40fps, on slower computers, there's a lot of jerking when its on 60

*Less health (start with 100/500 compared to 1000/5000) STAY OUT OF ACID AND OFF ROCKETS!!!

*start with 10 rockets (unintentionaly done)

*and many more! (too lazy to remember)

Future plans

*FINISH GAME BY NOVEMBER THIS YEAR!!!

*Game will be set up as:
     -Two half-levels and one boss except for final level (one level one boss)
     -Eight different levels
                1. GATOGS Hideout
                2. Sewer's Line (City escape)
                3. Desert Ed Lake
                4. Rage-in River
                5. Sev's 'N' See's
                6. Bored Walk
                7. Mount Ann
                8. Last RANAT Safe Place
*Fifteen RANAT Members are missing and you need to find them (in the final one, they will not be just red arrows from Basic 3D)

*Some power ups include:
Rocket
Rocket Boots
Dux Boots
Glider
Sukx Boots

*still looking for story ideas! ;)

*button control is 99% scrpiting (it seems a lot easier that way)

*and that's all im going to tell you for now...before i get ahead of myself (stupid upload wont finish)

Edit2: Finished! http://www.box.net/shared/v0e0uuhogo this will be in Zip
« Last Edit: 2008-05-14, 10:41:02 PM by SmartBoy16 »

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: 2008-05-17, 10:50:34 AM »
I think it would be better to wait until the game is more finished/polished before posting it in the listing.  I would rather not go back and have to update it later (and you want the rating to be based off the finished game, not this, I assume).  Also, people will have trouble playing it in its current state.  The biggest problems I see are:
1) The instructions are out of sync.  It tells you to use many key combinations that don't work since you seem to have updated the controls.
2) Starting the project causes an error (because you're trying to handle events from the display the wrong way... and you don't even need to because you don't have any display event handling code).
3) Touching an enemy displays an endless series of messages instead of resetting your location or destroying the enemy.
4) The Acid doesn't seem to be deadly.

The project listing is intended primarily for finished projects now so I think I'll wait until the game is finished.

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: 2008-05-18, 12:34:36 PM »
I think it would be better to wait until the game is more finished/polished before posting it in the listing.  I would rather not go back and have to update it later (and you want the rating to be based off the finished game, not this, I assume).  Also, people will have trouble playing it in its current state.  The biggest problems I see are:
1) The instructions are out of sync.  It tells you to use many key combinations that don't work since you seem to have updated the controls.
2) Starting the project causes an error (because you're trying to handle events from the display the wrong way... and you don't even need to because you don't have any display event handling code).
3) Touching an enemy displays an endless series of messages instead of resetting your location or destroying the enemy.

The project listing is intended primarily for finished projects now so I think I'll wait until the game is finished.

i think youre right...and another error i discovered is the DING sound is (mysteriouly) missing. i think ill wait for the full version to be done be done first (luckily summer is now here! :D)

update button, i keep forgetting to push it...

i know, how do i get rid of that?

originally, the health is supposed to decrease by 10 when hit and an error appears when i have it set to delete when used the first time

as in its not killing you or that it doesn't look deadly (my sister made the acid)

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: 2008-05-19, 05:30:48 AM »
   i know, how do i get rid of that?

Delete the line of script that calls SinkObjectEvents for Display

as in its not killing you or that it doesn't look deadly (my sister made the acid)

It's not killing me