Author Topic: Codename: IDK  (Read 374863 times)

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
  • Looking for inspiration.....
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Codename: IDK
« Reply #60 on: 2008-05-19, 07:20:31 AM »
2) Starting the project causes an error (because you're trying to handle events from the display the wrong way... and you don't even need to because you don't have any display event handling code).
   i know, how do i get rid of that?

Delete the line of script that calls SinkObjectEvents for Display

4) The Acid doesn't seem to be deadly.
   as in its not killing you or that it doesn't look deadly (my sister made the acid)

It's not killing me

fixed everything here!

to remove the ding sond error, go to collisions for the Boss 1 map and go through all the collisions and make sure all sound events are selected to none (even if it still says none)

instructions are up to date

fixed enemy message problem (now i die instantly when i only want 10 health off)

fixed acid (didn't update script on last post :( )

Looking to the skies.....

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
copy functions
« Reply #61 on: 2008-05-23, 10:23:44 AM »
since i am very lazy, is there a "quick and easy" way to copy functions from one map to another? (namely the Move Left and Move Right Functions)

Jam0864

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • MSN Messenger - marmalade0864@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Jam0864's Content Dump
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: 2008-05-24, 05:58:07 AM »
yet another reason why SGDK2 is superior SmartBoy16. :)

bluemonkmn

• SGDK Author
  • Administrator
  • Fanatic
    • ICQ Messenger - 2678251
    • MSN Messenger - BlueMonkMN@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://sgdk2.sf.net/
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: 2008-05-28, 04:58:29 AM »
The easiest way I can think of to copy functions from one map to another is export the project to XML and copy them in the XML file.  Not very quick and easy.

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: 2008-06-07, 08:49:45 PM »
The easiest way I can think of to copy functions from one map to another is export the project to XML and copy them in the XML file.  Not very quick and easy.
with a huge history of ruining projects by trying XML, i probably wont try that. :ugly:

It been weeks since i been here last! i ve got a lot more questions...

1. My game inculdes a Font named "Walker" (based on Codename: Walker) and, for those whove mastered that windows regestry, how could i make an install program (in c++) to place registry info to automatically install the font.

2. should my game include high quality WAV or MP3 music files, or should i keep them as midis (my sound card is sound blaster live! 5.1)

3. how can i , using scripting , temporarly make a tile non-solid (in level 2-1, solid tiles to act liek top solids)

4. anybody that can animate well in 3-d, you're wanted!!!

5. and...until i can remember what i was going to put here, that's it

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
The RANAT Foundation...is progressing very slow...
« Reply #65 on: 2008-06-15, 06:18:43 PM »
If anyone has or made original music and dont know what to do with it, i'm open for music ideas. if anyone here can also combine all of the music files (in the end) to play for the credits (like in Chameleon man)

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
again...another demo with a huge problem
« Reply #66 on: 2008-06-28, 10:42:06 AM »
heres my next (i know the last one was my last, but i had to post this one) demo. the only huge problem right now is when you are switching from the boss map to the save map, an "infinite" error appears (message box comes up and wont close) (can anyone fix it?)

new feature, to get somewhere quickly, at the start screen, hold up, down, and space to go to the level selector (only some work right now)

new enemies, level 1-2 now has lilblu propeller guys (finally figured out truespaces animation program, somewhat)

if you want to shorten the boss battle, press space on that level

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: 2008-07-11, 10:02:48 AM »
heres my next (i know the last one was my last, but i had to post this one) demo. the only huge problem right now is when you are switching from the boss map to the save map, an "infinite" error appears (message box comes up and wont close) (can anyone fix it?)

i fixed it! when i am running a map edit script an error appears when im switching maps, or else, during the game it's ok.

i also updated the Mini GATOGS Drones so they look way cooler

and i also made steps for my B3D tileset (makes walking up slopes more "realistic")

and right now with too many summer activites for me to handle right now and extremely slow development, im most likely to delay this game for next feb. ill hopefilly get the game at least 1/2 done at the end of august

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: 2008-08-14, 09:02:09 AM »

and right now with too many summer activites for me to handle right now and extremely slow development, im most likely to delay this game for next feb. ill hopefilly get the game at least 1/2 done at the end of august

i lied...maybe by the end of the year it will be 1/2 done

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
RANAT...still stuck... :(
« Reply #69 on: 2008-08-28, 01:11:32 PM »
hi, im back, finaly...i kind of ran out of ideas so i (unintentionally) dedicated myself to playing some great games (mainly Banjo-tooie and Conker's bad fur day) for some more ideas, and and got some, but i need some help with scrpiting problems

level 2-1, city theme, how can i temporarly make a tile not solid like as long as i am moving up vertically or gliding and solid again when i am falling or stopping

Level 3-1, 3-2, river theme, how can i have one direction move faster than another, such as when i am swimming with or against the current

level 4 boss, BORING boardwalk theme (any ideas?)

as for the game itself, its almost dome with the first level (im actually using 3d rendered graphics, goes perfectly with B3d style)

other than that, its getting there..soon

tprime

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: 2008-08-29, 10:50:41 PM »
level 2-1, city theme, how can i temporarly make a tile not solid like as long as i am moving up vertically or gliding and solid again when i am falling or stopping

You can make a global function that is activated when the player pushes up and the player is switched to a tileset category solid witout the ones you don't want solid.

Try a new idea, like making it a skateboard level (there will be one featured in my demo [the player basically has 100% inertia and has fast speed]) or you can use one of the ideas in the "clever ideas" topic in the SGDK section of the forum.

Tanja

• Clever
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: RANAT...still stuck... :(
« Reply #71 on: 2008-09-01, 02:34:54 AM »
Level 3-1, 3-2, river theme, how can i have one direction move faster than another, such as when i am swimming with or against the current
you could try the reactToStreams demo, maybe that'll help you.
http://sgdk2.enigmadream.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=26&func=fileinfo&id=20

Jam0864

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • MSN Messenger - marmalade0864@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Jam0864's Content Dump
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: 2008-09-01, 03:38:33 AM »
this is sgdk1 tanja. :P

Tanja

• Clever
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008-09-01, 06:10:00 AM »
oh, my fault. a good reason to change anyway  :P

SmartBoy16

• Contributor
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: 2008-09-02, 06:59:52 AM »

You can make a global function that is activated when the player pushes up and the player is switched to a tileset category solid witout the ones you don't want solid. [/qoute]

why didn't i think of that!

Try a new idea, like making it a skateboard level (there will be one featured in my demo [the player basically has 100% inertia and has fast speed]) or you can use one of the ideas in the "clever ideas" topic in the SGDK section of the forum.

actually the skateboard idea is not bad, thanks! :D